Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can You Use Butler Wildcards for Data Not Just Text?

d32d23d23 July 28, 2021

Hi there! I'm looking to set some cards up with titles like "Do a thing - Repeat every 4 days". Is there a way to grab the "4" using wildcards in Butler and then, for example, set up a new card that will be due in 4 days? And then have other cards that have "every 12 days", etc. etc. but use the same rule?

I learned about {*} to grab the number but wasn't sure if I could use it as anything other than text inside a new comment/card name/so forth. Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2021

Hello @d32d23d23 

No, unfortunately the pattern matching and wildcards can't be used to 'grab' data from the content / criteria of a trigger and use it as the output of an action in the way regex groups can.

It would be nice if it did, as it would save having to write multiple rules to cover all the trigger / action combinations.

d32d23d23 July 29, 2021

Ah okay that makes sense - I'll just make a whole bunch of similar rules for now. Thanks for your help and clarification!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events