Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Trello do this....

Cathy Moore June 5, 2022

Is there a template in Trello- or can you point me in the right direction ---

I have repeating events, on different dates, with different participants. Each event has a   set of tasks assigned to each event to be completed on specific days out from the event.  The tasks  are date driven. 

I need to be able to look at a calendar date  -- and see all the tasks that need to be done for all the upcoming events. 

Each Event has about 15 tasks, to be done 15 days out, 13 days out ....2 days before etc. event, on event date, and after date. 

Is this something Trello can organize?  There are other people in my organization that use Trello - but ive not been able to figure out how to do this.

Susan june 30 event
Mary July 10 event date

Goal is to be able to look at a  calendar date (Trello card??) and view all tasks that need to be completed. For ie on June 15th need to perform x task for Susan, and y task for mary. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2022

@Cathy Moore welcome to the community! So, the short answer is yes - you can absolutely do this in Trello. The longer answer is - there's a lot of different ways you can achieve it, and it will depend on how much of it you want automated, how many pieces are different, and what aspects of it you want to track. 

For instance, I'm imagining a scenario of an event that's happening on Date Z, and you have a set of standard tasks that happen before, like Z - 30 days, pick a venue, send invitations etc. 

You could create a new list for every "event" (or whatever the project is that has the typical tasks, and set up automation to automatically add cards with those tasks and assign members and due dates x days from when you created the list. (like this)

image.png

The tricky part is that I don't think you can easily say "my event date is Jan 16th, and I want this card to be due 10 days before that... you'd have to make it a standard part of your process to create a new list x days before your event, and then set up rules for each of these tasks to create a card that's due in a certain number of days after the list is created (so working forwards from when you created this list and not backwards from when the event is happening). 

Would that work? 

If so, I can make a video explaining this a bit more!

Cathy Moore August 25, 2022

I only just now got a notification that my question was answered so thank you!! Yes a video would be fabulous — I’m still learning so very eager to see more of your explanation  -I reached out to see if someone could help set up this automatic and for a fee of $1000 they would be happy to!! 😂😂😂 so totally Learning on my own!!! 
thanks for the help 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events