Can Trello be used to track Member issues and can it link to Wild Apricot?

Kate Lawrence-Haynes September 21, 2017

Hi

I work for a Member organisation and we are looking at Wild Apricot to record Member details etc.  It does not seem to have great functionality to track Member issues - i.e. a Member has a problem, record it and then record how it was solved and close the issue.  Need this data to be searchable.

We thought of tracking the Member issues on Trello and can have deadlines but is there a way to show what issues are open and closed and search on issues by Member name, topic and whether open or closed?

Thanks for any advice.

Kate

1 answer

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2017

Hi Kate,

Great questions.

Trello isn't an issue tracker, at least not exclusively. Trello is a visual collaboration and organization platform that can help you organize anything in your life. This means that we don't offer many features for specialized purposes, but instead offer general features that enable you to use Trello in many different ways.

For example, while Trello was never designed to be an issue tracker, many people do use it that way. You can use a card as an issue, which then allows you to assign team members to that card who will handle the issue, and can make comments on its progress, as well as the resolution, as well as assign due dates. When the issue is solved, you can archive the card, and it remains searchable. Labels can help you categorize each issue.

At any point, you can filter by labels to see how many of each issue type are currently open, or search by open or closed to get a better idea of workload.

Dedicated issue tracker tools will offer more specialized features for those purposes, but you can absolutely do it with Trello as well!

Kate Lawrence-Haynes September 22, 2017

Thanks so much and very helpful.  I did not realise there was some of that functionality. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events