Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Can I use Butler to add the weekday name to a custom field

Can someone tell me if it is possible to use Butler to work out the day of the week from a due date and return that value to a custom field? If it is possible - can anyone help with me how to do it? 
Manu Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Liao Community Leader Aug 28, 2021

@Lyndsey Fletcher - hi Lyndsey! This is possible - make a new Automation rule like so:

when a due date is set on a card by me, set custom field "Due on Day of Week" to "{cardduedateweekdayname}"

Of course, your custom field may have a different name than what I used above ("Due on Day of Week").

For more variables you can use, check out the Butler variables Help page: https://help.trello.com/article/1157-variables#time-and-date-variables

thank you - I will give this a try - amazing! 

Like Dave Liao likes this

Happy to help - it's a fun way to start a Saturday. 🙂

@Lyndsey Fletcher - p.s. Also consider making a rule to cleanup the field if someone removes the Due Date:

when a due date is removed from a card by me, clear custom field "Due on Day of Week"

Thank you! I will be back for more  advice with the next step of this...  this is to fit a very specific planning method I use and use Trello for. Right now in the UK - it’s dinner time and I am hungry! 

Like Dave Liao likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,304 views 28 40
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you