Can I update existing cards with advanced checklists?

John Doe March 16, 2022

I recently bought the Premium service and have been using advanced checklists with due dates and assigning users. I have an existing board with many cards I'd like to update by adding new advanced checklists with due dates and assignees. Is there a way I can perhaps i import this data from a csv/Sheets/Excel template?

I had a look at exporting everything via csv and to perhaps reimport it (even to a new board to test out) with the added info but it doesn't look possible. Checklists weren't included in the export, just a count. In any case this likely isn't feasible as comments weren't included either in the export.

1 answer

1 vote
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2022

@Rob Miles i'd have to think through this one a little bit more, but i think you might be able to create new list in the board call "imported cards" (or something), and then make a Butler rule that looks for new cards in that list and then creates a new checklist item and assigns due dates and members based on fields on that card. Then you can just move all those cards to that "imported cards" list. But you might have to play around with it and troubleshoot it some in order for it to work the way you expect. (For instance, how do you determine which card the new checklist item is added to?)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events