Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I set cards to list by due date as a default?

Robyn Clissold June 25, 2018

I like to see due tasks at the top of lists each morning so it's easy to see what I've got on for the day. At the moment, every time I make changes to due dates, I'm having to go back into the list and sort again by "due date". Is there a way to make this the default?

4 answers

4 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2018

Hi @Robyn Clissold,

Pls refer to the configuration below

trello.jpg

Robyn Clissold June 25, 2018

Thanks Ollie. That's one solution which I could live with however, I have several Boards (one for each client) and I tend to, for example, set aside time to work on one client for say 3 hours so I open their board. I then see all my lists and cards. It's at this stage I was wondering if there was an auto sort by due date option.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robyn Clissold June 26, 2018

Brilliant thanks Stephanie. I was wondering how I do that. I'll certainly get onto it. You never know. Have a great day.

Albert Mergeay May 17, 2019

Hi Robyn,

I agree 100% with your request for this 'sort by date' function.

Any idea if Trello 'heard' your demand?

Greetz

Albert (Belgium)

Robyn Clissold May 17, 2019

Hi Albert, no I haven’t heard anything on this and don’t see it’s been added as an option... yet. There’s still hope though

Albert Mergeay May 17, 2019

It's a pitty that Trello doesn't react and communicate like a company that cares about their clients.

This week I asked them if I can mail to one of my Trelloboards so that I can choose the right Board and The wanted list . Like I am used to in Evernote!

I got the Same answer to raise it as a feature request.........

So now I'm sure I will never hear from that again.... :(

Like David Kelly likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Robyn Clissold June 26, 2018

Thanks Stephanie, although a potential option still not quite right. I want to see all cards all the time but I just want them to display in due date order. Looks like I'll just have to keep re-setting show by due date every day across all boards.

Stef
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2018

If you'd like, you can raise it as a feature request to the Trello team. At least they know it's something you need. This article outlines steps on how to send feature requests. 🙂

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stef
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2018

Hi, Robyn! 

A close alternative would be to filter cards by due date. You can open one of your boards, open the sidebar menu, and click "Filter cards" > Due in the next day. 

Screen Shot at June 26th 2018 - 6.31.24 pm.png

There are other options you can select so you can see the cards you need to view and work on.

I tried applying the Due in the next day filter and leaving the board. When I returned, the filter is still applied. You can give it a try to see how it works. :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events