Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can I set a Rule that the next Check list due date is the card due date?

So I wanted to set a rule or something that is automatically. 

The Next Checklist due date should be the card due date, because if not the List can not be sorted by the due dates?

Or how can I Sort de List by due dates in check list?

3 answers

I would love a better workaround for this as well.  I love that the earliest due item becomes the due date shown on the front of the card, but when you are working with a lot of subtasks and cards, it seems to make sense that "Sort by due date" should also include that checklist date. 

@Martin Overly  @Kevin Hirt 

Here I have endpoint to determine the next item, it is a matter of adding the code to use the due date to set it on the item. 
https://trello.com/b/POqPZOwG/just-a-butler-add-on

Thank you for your response. 

My Problem is, that I'm leading a project with a lot of Task. 

We have cards who all have Checklist for the smaller Task in that Card. And I can not Sort the List by the due date of the Checklist.

Is there a another Option to sort list?

I want the List to be sorted by the due date, so my team knows what's next?Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-10 um 14.29.07.png

0 votes
Iain Dooley Community Leader Sep 09, 2020

@Kevin Hirt I don't think you can do this, but there might be another way to achieve the same outcome. Can you describe what you're trying to achieve?

@Iain Dooley 

Thank you for your response. 

My Problem is, that I'm leading a project with a lot of Task. 

We have cards who all have Checklist for the smaller Task in that Card. And I can not Sort the List by the due date of the Checklist.

Is there a another Option to sort list?

I want the List to be sorted by the due date, so my team knows what's next?

Iain Dooley Community Leader Sep 10, 2020

@Kevin Hirt rather than using due dates on checklists, you might be better off sub-tasking with linked checklist items and putting due dates on each card, then you can sort the lists the cards are in by due date:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-articles/Trello-Subtasks-with-Butler/ba-p/1060392

@Iain Dooley  Could you give me a step to step manual for this? because I don't get it out of your link.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: Your favorite Trello blog takeaway

Hello friends! From the community that brought you Welcome Wednesday, Throwback Thursday and Friday Fun, welcome to Taco Tuesday, a weekly discussion about all things Trello. The best part? One Tac...

222 views 10 9
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you