Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I set a Rule that the next Check list due date is the card due date?

Kevin Hirt September 9, 2020

So I wanted to set a rule or something that is automatically. 

The Next Checklist due date should be the card due date, because if not the List can not be sorted by the due dates?

Or how can I Sort de List by due dates in check list?

3 answers

0 votes
Martin Overly March 6, 2021

I would love a better workaround for this as well.  I love that the earliest due item becomes the due date shown on the front of the card, but when you are working with a lot of subtasks and cards, it seems to make sense that "Sort by due date" should also include that checklist date. 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2021

@Martin Overly  @Kevin Hirt 

Here I have endpoint to determine the next item, it is a matter of adding the code to use the due date to set it on the item. 
https://trello.com/b/POqPZOwG/just-a-butler-add-on

0 votes
Kevin Hirt September 10, 2020

Thank you for your response. 

My Problem is, that I'm leading a project with a lot of Task. 

We have cards who all have Checklist for the smaller Task in that Card. And I can not Sort the List by the due date of the Checklist.

Is there a another Option to sort list?

I want the List to be sorted by the due date, so my team knows what's next?Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-10 um 14.29.07.png

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2020

@Kevin Hirt I don't think you can do this, but there might be another way to achieve the same outcome. Can you describe what you're trying to achieve?

Kevin Hirt September 10, 2020

@Iain Dooley 

Thank you for your response. 

My Problem is, that I'm leading a project with a lot of Task. 

We have cards who all have Checklist for the smaller Task in that Card. And I can not Sort the List by the due date of the Checklist.

Is there a another Option to sort list?

I want the List to be sorted by the due date, so my team knows what's next?

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2020

@Kevin Hirt rather than using due dates on checklists, you might be better off sub-tasking with linked checklist items and putting due dates on each card, then you can sort the lists the cards are in by due date:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-articles/Trello-Subtasks-with-Butler/ba-p/1060392

Kevin Hirt December 2, 2020

@Iain Dooley  Could you give me a step to step manual for this? because I don't get it out of your link.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events