Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I move current archived cards into one new board instead of their original board?

pprrddnn January 13, 2021

I understand we can use butler for new actions. Is there a way to move the archived cards?

1 answer

1 vote
Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2021

Hi @pprrddnn ,

You can do this but you have to unarchive the card first then move the card in a new board!

Regards,

Soumyadeep

pprrddnn January 13, 2021

is it possible to not unarchive the card first? I have thousands of archived cards.

that's gonna be so long for a manual work

Like Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM likes this
Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2021

Hi @pprrddnn ,

You can't move anything to another board without unarchiving!

You can create a list then unarchive all the cards in that list and move the list to the new board!

Regards,

Soumyadeep

Like Hina Khan likes this
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2021

@pprrddnn  

I anticipated that you have lots of archived cards so I did a some research but have not test it.

Archived cards are closed cards. So you can collect and loop through board.closed_cards and then do a card.change_board to target board and list and presumably change status to open. Probably have to break to several runs to avoid rate limits.

Run a skeleton test and it works
Contact me if this is a business requirement. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events