Can I link from a card to one of my boards?

lli January 13, 2021

Can I link from a card to one of my boards?

In this way I can have a mainboard ith Cards that link to all my other boards. This ill give mee a great view of my Trello world :)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2021

Hi @lli !

You can achieve this using Unito. You can create a main board that consolidates the cards you need to see. Any update you make from the main board will sync back to the cards on the origin board. 

If you want to go with a native option, there's Team tables which will give you a list view of cards across multiple boards.

Let me know if you have any questions with either option - happy to help :)

lli January 13, 2021

Thank a lot - fine functionalities. But what I am looking for is more simple. It a "navigator" main board, where each Card on this navigator board, links to/open another one of my boards. You could call it a "file manager" for boards, which will give me an ovebview of, and simple navigation to all my boards (which seem to grow by the numbers for eavh day :) )

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2021

Ah - gotcha! Would it work to attach the board via attachments like so? Selecting attachments from within a card, and then selecting Trello will give you the option to attach a card or a board.

Screenshot_20210113-225012_Chrome.jpg

lli January 13, 2021

Thanks that is a big step forward and I ill use this :) You have to open the card to click the link and that OK :) The perfect solution would bee just clicking the card without open it and the and the linked board will open.

One could anticipate that this was a standar function in Trello "Board manager", but your very fine suggestion is fine and I start here and convert if the ultimate solution arrives :)

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2021

I see, yes, that would be helpful to reduce the number of clicks! The only thing that sounds close to that is just favouriting a board and having the boards you want to see show up under your starred boards, but I can see the benefit of organizing these in a board so you can categorize your boards under lists. You should send Trello a feature request :) feature-ideas@trello.comScreenshot 2021-01-14 172819.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events