Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Can I just use Trello as a file system?

I have been using Trello as a file system, not to collaborate with others.  Is that still possible or do I have to use workstations?

2 answers

0 votes

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Yes, it is entirely possible to use Trello for yourself and not collaborate with anyone else.  A lot of us do have boards that we don't share with anyone (I in particular have a dreadful memory, and use Trello to support it - a board for tracking stuff I've bought from various places so need to chase up if it doesn't arrive, another for upcoming TV shows landing soon because I've seen a preview, review or mention in an article or page, another for random notes for running the house, and so on)

Whether it's useful as a "file system", I'm less sure.  When people say that to me, as a long-term computer nerd, I tend to think of files on a disk.  Trello isn't brilliant at storing and serving up files (especially large ones), but it can do it.  I don't know if you might be thinking of something else when you say "file system"?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,343 views 28 40
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you