Can I just use Trello as a file system?

Brenda Dittmore September 8, 2021

I have been using Trello as a file system, not to collaborate with others.  Is that still possible or do I have to use workstations?

2 answers

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2021
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2021

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Yes, it is entirely possible to use Trello for yourself and not collaborate with anyone else.  A lot of us do have boards that we don't share with anyone (I in particular have a dreadful memory, and use Trello to support it - a board for tracking stuff I've bought from various places so need to chase up if it doesn't arrive, another for upcoming TV shows landing soon because I've seen a preview, review or mention in an article or page, another for random notes for running the house, and so on)

Whether it's useful as a "file system", I'm less sure.  When people say that to me, as a long-term computer nerd, I tend to think of files on a disk.  Trello isn't brilliant at storing and serving up files (especially large ones), but it can do it.  I don't know if you might be thinking of something else when you say "file system"?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events