Can I integrate Trello into my custom web app?

timetraveller1992 September 23, 2017

I recently checked out the Trello integration into Bitbucket and it's neat. I love that I can now use boards inside bitbucket repos. Is there any developer documentation on how I can do the same in my own web app?

Right now the way bitbucket integrates it is by adding a tab to the repo and allowing me to connect to it and create a board. I already have a web app with a beautiful administrative panel with several tabs. I'd like one of the tabs to integrate with Trello and show the board right inside my web app. Saves me the effort of creating my own custom kanban board as Trello is awesome and loaded with features.

I'm assuming that this isn't available yet? Because I expected github to integrate with Trello optionally as well but am thinking they didn't add it because there is no easy way to integrate? Correct me if I'm wrong.

1 answer

0 votes
pb
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2017

Hi Saifur - 

Not sure if this is what you're after, but in case you weren't aware, there's an active and thriving Developer community building for Trello - more details at https://developers.trello.com/.  There may be documentation there that you could use. :-)

Philippe

timetraveller1992 September 24, 2017

Thanks for sharing the link. So I checked it out and integrated it into my web app and I got this:

Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 3.53.57 PM.png
It's also written "Currently, we only support a compact, non-interactive mode for boards" so it looks like there is no way yet to add it into the app the way it works in Bitbucket. So, I guess I'll have to wait till the interactive version is launched.

Doug Marques March 26, 2019

I would like to have this integration as well

carlos_marin - ENTELGY -
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2021

@timetraveller1992 were you able to do that integration? 

Khammassi HoussemEddine February 28, 2022

Hey @carlos_marin - ENTELGY -

have already done this integration with your personal web app ?

Khammassi HoussemEddine February 28, 2022

@timetraveller1992can you share the way you have made this integration in to your personal web app ?

carlos_marin - ENTELGY -
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2022

@Khammassi HoussemEddine nop, I was not able to do it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events