Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I hide an attachment from certain people?

Brooklyn Nichols July 19, 2022

I use Unito to sync a smaller board to a much larger and complex master board. I was wondering if I can hide certain attachments that I put on the master board from the smaller board?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2022

@Brooklyn Nichols Welcome to the Atlassian community

If an individual has access to the board they will have access to the attachments.  https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/changing-permissions-on-a-board/ I have heard of individuals password protecting their files before uploading to prevent individuals from accessing them.  This all seems to go against why most teams use Trello (collaboration and transparency).  I do not believe there are any power ups that provide this functionality either.

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2022

@Brant Schroeder you could use something like the Private Notes power-up and include a link to an attachment in there, but it wouldn't actually host attachments, just a place you could link to them without others seeing. You could also use something like Amazing Fields to make a custom field that only you/admins can see, but again, i don't think it would give you a file picker option to host the files, but instead just a text box that no one else could see. 

When there's a process that you want one group of people to see one thing, and another group/person to see something else, I've typically found it works best to have two boards - one for you and one for the other groups, and then use Butler to sync data from the cards one way. Ie, you create the card on your main board with any "public" info you want to share, and then trigger an automation to copy the card to another board, and then create some more rules to sync any changes between the card on the OTHER board to send back those changes to your card, but not the other way around. So in that case, you could add attachments to you card, but they would not be added to the other linked card which other people could see.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events