Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I force Trello/Butler to send email as plain text?

Tylen Wells August 6, 2019

Hi - 

I've currently configured a set of email alerts to be sent to users cell phones via email to SMS/MMS. Everything is working properly, but when users receive the text messages they are receiving an "attachment.html" instead of just receiving the message. 

This attachment has to be opened manually, and the data inside is all jumbled and disorganized and generally hard to read. This data also includes data such as the my username since i configured the alert, "Sent from butler via trello", "report abuse/unsuscribe" which I would also like to exclude as they are fluff that make the message too long for simple "text alerts"

Is there any way or workaround to make Trello/Butler send email through plain text to avoid this?

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2019

@Tylen Wells there will be a plain text component of the email, what are you using to do the SMS forwarding component of this? You should, at that point, pick the plain text part of the email body and optionally filter out any unwanted content, then send the SMS

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events