Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I filter cards by the date the card was created or last modified?

Tiffany Miller March 9, 2018

Hello!

My team submits about 20 trello cards a day, each one is a new project with a new client. When the project finishes, I put the card into the final list, "delivered". 

For all-hands meetings, my team needs to have case studies for the month. When we used to use email for projects, it was easy to filter delivered projects by the date the emails were sent. Now, it seems there is no way to filter trello cards except by filtering the "due date" (this is a feature we only like to use if there is an actual due date).

There are too many cards to go through each one and see which month the project is from.

Is there any way to filter cards by the date created? Or the date last modified? Or, show "all cards created in the month of ____" for example. 

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2018

Hey Tiffany

As long as the board isn't a public board, you can incorporate the help of Butlerbot Automation.  You can set it up a few ways, beginning with sorting every list that's currently on your board.

Then, you can either have a link that will sort all lists any time you go to the link, or you can command butler to sort every list when a new card is added.

To add custom automation using Butlerbot, follow these steps:

1) Add Butlerbot to your board here: https://www.butlerfortrello.com/dashboard.html
-- A new list will be created titled "Butler"
2) Add a new card to the Butler list, using the following 

• For each list, sort list by time in list
    • Once Butler has sorted your board, you can archive/delete this card

AND

• When a card is added, sort list by time in list
    • This will sort your list every time a new card is added.

OR

•  Script: For each list, sort list by time in list
    • This will give you a link. Any time you click the link, the cards will be sorted in each list.
Tiffany Miller March 12, 2018

Thank you Matthew, this helps a lot!

0 votes
Jérôme Marquis October 11, 2021

If you are looking for a way to filters Trello Activities, check out this software UBit Trello Tool. There is a trial version of it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events