Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I filter by cards I've created?

Alina Slavik November 12, 2017

I would greatly appreciate the ability to filter by cards I've created, not just cards I'm assigned to.  Sometimes someone suggests a change or feature and I think, "I've already created a card for that!"  I'd like to report the status, but the card may have moved and/or have developers assigned, making it difficult for me to find.  It would be extremely helpful to filter by cards I created so I could see the status of changes/features I requested across different products.

In my initial search, I couldn't find a way to do this.  Does anyone know of one?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Marta Galofre de Alos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2017

Hi Alina,

Marta here, from Trello Support.

That's such an interesting point! Right now, you could add yourself to those cards and then go to your cards' view: https://trello.com/my/cards

Another option, if this is essential for your workflow, you could have each person add a label to the card with their name on it when creating the card. If you'd prefer not to have the label display on the front of the card, you could use the gray label, which only displays on the card back.

Once the label is added, you can use label:"Creator name" in the search bar in the top left corner to find cards created by that person. While you'll want to replace "Creator name" with the name of the individual, it should still be in quotes so that the whole name will be searched.

That being said, I'll pass your interest on this to our team for their consideration.

If you're curious about how our team decides on what requests we work on, this article gives some insight into that process: http://help.trello.com/article/724-submitting-feature-requests-for-trello

To see what features our devs are currently working on, check out our dev board at http://www.trello.com/dev.

Cheers,

Marta

Alina Slavik November 14, 2017

Marta,

Thank you for providing those workarounds.  I hope that the product team accepts my change request, as this would still be the least error-prone way to track cards I've created.

Best,

Alina

Emmanuel Guyot September 12, 2019

Hi,

I'm interested too in this feature.

Has it been done ? Is there any news on the dev process?

Deleted user May 6, 2020

Hello,

Looking for the same feature. Also I don't think this should be [Solved].

Like Emmanuel Guyot likes this
Walter Pelowski May 29, 2020

Agreed.  Being able to search for cards created by a person is important in a variety of different contexts.  Currently I'm in a meeting with colleagues, representing someone else, but I don't know what cards she created and have no easy way to find them in a board full of newly created cards.

Igor Nikiforovski August 2, 2020

+1, just ran in to the same issue when looking for cards other members besides me created on a board where I create the majority of cards.

Luigi Chelli November 30, 2020

+1 

is there any extension that enables filtering by card creator?

Chris Moser July 25, 2021

+1

this would be necessary to have. Better direct search than workarounds. Shouldnt be to difficult to program...

Arav Patel September 13, 2021

+1

Is there an extension that helps us to see who created a card?
Would save a few mins per standup per day -> huge timesaving opp :)

Kalina Kandilarova September 13, 2021

+1

stuart_boon April 1, 2022

+1

This should be in the cards section. Not on by default but an option "show cards not assigned to me but made by me" 

akira.yamamoto April 7, 2022

+1

Sergio De Dámaso De Juan April 29, 2022

+1

Artem Kurchenko February 22, 2023

+1

it would be nice to have such a feature to be able to track persons' activity (e.g. we need to understand how this person generates/creates tasks/cards for the team and what actual tasks they generate: how important they are comparing to other tasks)

adding labels to each card makes the whole process of work more complicated and non-intuitive

Jeremy Rousse
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 31, 2023

+1.  I honestly can't believe "created by" is not already an intrinsic, searchable property of a card. 

Why would we need to work around this by manually adding a tag to every card we create?

This has been getting traffic and +1s since 2017.  C'mon Atlassian.  You can do this.

0 votes
Ahmed Ali December 12, 2023

As a product manager, it would be helpful to be able to filter cards by who created them, so that I could efficiently get information about the card (directly from the source of the idea), which would help me achieve the outcome of efficiently helping me to prioritise my product backlog.

0 votes
Mike Lamson April 26, 2022

+1

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events