Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I embed a Trello board in a Trello card and see activity of the embedded board from the card?

Michael December 1, 2017

I want to use Trello for portfolio management. In this use case, there would be a single board for the group's portfolio, and separate boards for each individual project that falls under the portfolio.

Let's say there are three projects the group is working on... the portfolio board would have each project listed out as its own card, and the card would act as both a summary of activity for the project board as well as be linked to the project board that tracks all of the project work. The summary on the portfolio card would ideally contain some sort of metadata regarding the embedded board, e.g. 57 cards, 23 "Done", 12 "In Review" and you can choose which labels or lists you want to see displayed on the summary card.

Is this possible through a plugin or business+ class? I looked at Collections and it sounded similar, but not quite. And I looked at Board Sync by Unito but that seems to be more 1:1 syncing and not aggregation/summary.

1 answer

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2017

Hi Michael,

This is partially possible! Using Related Cards, you can definitely create the portfolio board with cards to represent each project, and those cards can link out to the boards for each project: https://blog.trello.com/related-cards-related-boards

However, that won't have any metadata about the cards on those boards, and I'm not aware of any Power-Up that would enable that, unfortunately!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events