Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I easily see only places where I'm @mention-ed, not watching or assigned to a card?

Rebecca Miksch May 17, 2017

I'd like to be able to see all places - comments, descriptions, checklists - where I (or a single one of my colleagues) has been @mention-ed.  I don't necessarily care if I have been assigned to the card or not or whether or not I'm watching the card.  And I don't want to have to filter through all of my notifications (which sometimes are about general card activity).  I only want to see the places where I have been mentioned.  Is this possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Caity
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 19, 2017

Hi Rebecca,

By default, searching for "@username" will only turn up cards where someone was assigned. However, if you search for comment:"@username" , checklist:"@username", or description:"@username", you'll get cards where you were mentioned in a comment, checklist, or description respectively.

For more info on special operators in search, check out our help article about seaching for cards across boards: http://help.trello.com/article/808-searching-for-cards-all-boards

Jose Hernandez-Inzunza December 16, 2019

This is not working sadly, and would be awesome to be able to see everywhere I am mentioned, that is one of our workflows, assigning checklist items to people by @mentioning them on the item

Like Mateus Cruz likes this
Lora Gazit January 29, 2020

Hello,

is there any progress with this? We have the same question:

I'd like to be able to see all places - comments, descriptions, checklists - where I (or a single one of my colleagues) have been @mention-ed.  I don't necessarily care if I have been assigned to the card or not or whether or not I'm watching the card

unfortunately, the suggested solution of comment:"@username", etc. is not working

Like # people like this
Thomas Grandjean November 4, 2020

Hello

Same problem here.

Just for future references, you can use a substitute, by exporting your Trello board to json, and look for the "@username" inside the json... This is no panacea, but it does the job.

Javier R_ January 8, 2021

Good afternoon, any update on this? @Caity 

Chris Houser April 14, 2021

I find it hard to believe that this is not possible. but comment:"@username" does not work.

I am able to see all my mentions on the android app, why not in browser?

Devon Latzen November 3, 2021

Because we cannot find cards we are mentioned in, @mentions in Trello are actually non-functional. Basically, they just make the text bold. Mentioning someone is such an efficient part of a workflow, so it would be really useful to filter based on that criteria. Thanks.

Like # people like this
Sandy Fortier July 3, 2022

I'm bummed to be on here searching for the same answer 5 years later and this still isn't a function.

Like # people like this
Ahmed Ali March 27, 2023

I can't believe this has been missed on their product backlog for so many years! Almsot feels like a logical corollary to being able to filter by name - you should be able to filter by mention too. As a result of not having this on desktop - i'm finding some conversations missed if I don't regularly check my emails for notifications.

Like # people like this
Darren Ravenscroft August 15, 2023

+1 for wanting this. I can't believe it's not a feature.

troy_beer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 19, 2023

where is this feature - filtering by mentions

Dana Holmes
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 22, 2024

I am also looking for this feature. It's an essential component to workflows to be able to see everything you're assigned to or mentioned in. How can this not be available after years of people commenting about it? Please fix! 

Like troy_beer likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events