Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create some kind of sub-team in Trello?

Elizabeth Mandel October 3, 2017

I have a committee that is divided into sub-committees. I would like to create one team where I can keep boards that we all need to see and use, such as templates, and then have sub-teams for the sub-committees to use. I don't want each sub-team to be able to see the other sub-team's boards.

Please note that I have the free version of Trello and I'm not in a position to upgrade.

Thank you!

2 answers

0 votes
Marta Galofre de Alos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 5, 2017

Hi Elizabeth,

Marta here, from Trello Support.

Matthew's right—currently, Trello doesn't support per-card permissions—once someone has access to a board, they'll be able to see all cards on it. For now, we suggest creating separate boards for different permissions levels.

In the meantime, I’ll pass your feedback on to our team for consideration—let me know if there's any additional info you'd like for me to pass their way.

0 votes
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2017

Hi Elizabeth

Trello doesn't support sub-teams on a board.  With Trello, permissions are board specific, therefore cards and/or lists cannot be hidden from other users of the board. You'd need to create separate boards if you require privacy of the lists/cards.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events