Can I create checklist that shows up in every board I have created and will create?

David Ward October 8, 2019

I have several boards and several cards under each board.  Can I retroactivly create checklist that will show up in each card that exist and all future cards?

2 answers

0 votes
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2019

Hi David,

This can be achieved with a Butler rule (if you have the Butler PowerUp). I use this a lot on specific cards, but this shows how you could implement it:

Screenshot 2019-10-09 at 14.18.45.pngThe easiest way to add a checklist to existing cards, would be to set up another rule regarding labels. To do this, you could set up a grey label (this will mean it won't show up on the card front) called 'Checklist' then you could set up another rule like this:

Screenshot 2019-10-09 at 14.21.09.png

That way, you wouldn't have to add the checklist by hand, the moment you put the label on the card, it would auto add it.

Hope this helps

Esme :)

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2019

@David Ward there's nothing that does this natively, but here is an example of a Trellinator command that would add all checklists from all cards in a checklist "Global" from a "Checklist Templates" board to any card created, as well as a function to retroactively add this for all cards on all boards where you've invited your Trellinator:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/03035b030c17424001db0a591f4a1bef

You can read more about Trellinator here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events