Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create a card with all the information at once ?

Hana ha August 20, 2020

Hello there,

I am using zapier to extract data from trello and store them in a google spreadsheet whenever a card is created.

However, when I create a card, I can only edit the title and add labels and members if needed at first. Then, when the card is created, I can edit the description, add checklist(s)...

Is there a way to fill in all these information at the outset ? I mean, to save the card only when I filled in everything I need to.

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2020

@Hana ha only if you create the card using the API. However you could change your Zap to update an existing spreadsheet row when a card is updated. The way to do that would be to find an existing spreadsheet row containing a link to the card that was updated, if it doesn't exist create a new spreadsheet row.

Hana ha August 24, 2020

Thank you @Iain Dooley  for you answer. Indeed I ended up creating several Zap with the 'New activity' trigger to create a card and then update it while adding labels, description and checklists. 

In the meantime, the information sent in a spreadsheet row is updated at the same time. 

Thank you for your help !

Like Iain Dooley likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events