Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I build a Power-Up to integrate with my product, but only allow access to some customers?

Laith Dahiyat July 12, 2017

I would like a build a Power-up that pulls in information from my product into Trello cards (very similar to GitHub power-up) however, I only want certain customers to be able to utilize the power-up (premium customers). Is that allowed by Trello?

1 answer

0 votes
Oscar Triscon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2017

(Note I'm not part of the Trello team, just a 3rd party developer with experience building public Power-Ups.)

The Trello Power-Up infrastructure doesn't have a way to limit a public power-up to only certain users, but it's entirely possible for you to provide certain functionality to only certain customers.

If your power-up is very very niche and doesn't provide utility to at least a portion of users, you may get some push back if you want to make it available as a public Power-Up. In that case, the alternative is to create a private power-up and ask your customers to enable it by using the developer admin panel.

Laith Dahiyat July 13, 2017

Thank you for replying!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events