Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I automate adding a comment, without it coming from my account?

Yasmin Howell April 4, 2022

I have a project management board for my team with some automated comments notifying the @card that due date has passed and that the booked time could be used for something else (to track work not signed off). The comment comes from me presumably because I set the rule up, is there a way to make this come from Butler, or set it to come from someone else? Naturally everyone is then messaging me about their project when I am just the person who setup the board!

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2022

Hi @Yasmin Howell ! Welcome to the community :) I'd recommend using a different Trello user to create the rule instead. If you can, use a service account like a Trello admin user, or a bot user. It's a best practice to create automations using a service account if you're able to as this means if you want to hand over that ownership, or if you leave the company, the automations won't be tied to your personal user account. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events