Can I add a member to a note without them seeing all the other notes in the board?

Lucy Holder March 10, 2022

Hi, I am a dog trainer and I would like to use Trello so that I can make notes, set tasks and give information to my clients.  I have set up a board for one to one clients and was going to add a new note for each client but then when I add them to the board they can see everyone else’s notes too.  I want to be able to add a member to a specific note only, is this possible or do I need to set up a board for every client? 

2 answers

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2022

@Lucy Holder Hi Lucy! Welcome to the community! 

Sagar is correct - there's not really a native way to do that, but I have a few ideas/workarounds that might help. 

First of all, you could try external share power-up, that would make a specific card accessible via a public URL. So you could send each client their own URL to show just their own card. (Yes technically all the cards would be public, but none of the other clients would have the other cards URLs nor the board URL, so they shouldn't see the other cards. I would think of this like an "unlisted" youtube video - yes its technically public to everyone, but only people with the link would ever be able to find it.)

Another way you could go about it is having a board for each client and then using something like Unito or some built in Trello automation to have one main board that has mirrors of all the cards on each clients board, so they have their own private view, but you still have a view of all your client cards in one place.

0 votes
Sagar Rao
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 10, 2022

Hello Lucy,

Hope you are doing well!

Unfortunately, on Trello, when you share a board, they would see all the cards (Notes) that are on the board. There is no option to just share the cards, it will share the entire board.

The only workaround is to create different boards for different clients. But, please be aware that there is a 10 board limit on free workspaces.

Cheers,
Sagar Rao | The Trello Team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events