It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can Cards be "Assigned" to one user as a task?

My team uses Trello as a task manager, and I'm not seeing a great way to "Assign" a card to someone. Adding a member to a card works but it doesn't have any sort of "sole responsibility" priority that can be added. I would like some sort of functionality to delegate tasks to one specific person and have it show up as something they know they're responsible for completing. 

Any suggestions?

2 answers

0 votes

Hi @Drew Pierce,

I'm afraid my only contribution here is to recommend Jira. Trello only has the members as opposed to assignee.

You could maybe use a drop-down custom field (custom field power up) and select a person there? Though there is not much reporting in Trello or any sort of restriction mechanism.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Krisz

Hey @Krisztian Kovacs,

Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately Jira would be a bit too bulky for our team's use. Trello being lightweight and easy to move along is our favorite aspect. In this case it seems our only option is to continue on by setting expectations verbally as a comment on a card. 

Thanks again!

-Drew

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,638 views 15 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you