Can Cards be "Assigned" to one user as a task?

Drew Pierce October 9, 2018

My team uses Trello as a task manager, and I'm not seeing a great way to "Assign" a card to someone. Adding a member to a card works but it doesn't have any sort of "sole responsibility" priority that can be added. I would like some sort of functionality to delegate tasks to one specific person and have it show up as something they know they're responsible for completing. 

Any suggestions?

2 answers

0 votes
Drew Pierce October 10, 2018

Hey @Krisztian Kovacs,

Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately Jira would be a bit too bulky for our team's use. Trello being lightweight and easy to move along is our favorite aspect. In this case it seems our only option is to continue on by setting expectations verbally as a comment on a card. 

Thanks again!

-Drew

0 votes
Krisztian Kovacs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2018

Hi @Drew Pierce,

I'm afraid my only contribution here is to recommend Jira. Trello only has the members as opposed to assignee.

You could maybe use a drop-down custom field (custom field power up) and select a person there? Though there is not much reporting in Trello or any sort of restriction mechanism.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Krisz

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events