Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Butler find cards on all boards at once?

Chris Aument January 10, 2020

We have multiple project boards and one bug tracking board. We are trying to automatically pair cards added to the bug board to their parent with the same name on the other boards.

If I write the rule to search each individual board, it will fail when a match is not found. There does not seem to be a way to search all boards. Can someone tell me if this is possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2020

Hi 

Indeed, the command find is executed in the current board or in only one specific board.

One possible way is to create a board which allows to define the board of the parent card.

In this specific board, for example, each list corresponds to a project board.

(an alternativ to lists is custom field management)

each time the card is moved in a project board, you must remove the  existing card in the technical board, and add a copy in the new appropriate list in this board.

(Or set custom field to projectboardname)

Then, once a card is created in the bug board, then you have to trigger card searching (lookup) in the technical board, collect the list which corresponds to the project board. 

(Or collect the customfieldvalue)

Then a new search (find) in the defined project board to link the bug card and the parent card

An alternativ to this technical board :

Do a manual search by "search button" (in this way the search is multi board)

Select the parent card

Add an item

Create a rule which converts item into a card in the bug board

Chris Aument January 13, 2020

Thanks for the suggestion. This solution seems complicated in a way that likely doesn't save time in the long run. I am going to keep searching.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events