Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Butler automatically move a card to another list after a certain time period of inactivity?

Alicia January 17, 2022

Hi,

I can't figure out how to get a card to move to a new list on a condition of time + inactivity. Basically I want to say -

IF: nobody updates or moves this card manually
WHEN: for two weeks
THEN: it needs to be automatically moved to a new list for urgent action

I know I can set it to go red on the due date, but I can't figure out how to make it move on the due date, or make inactivity a trigger.

Right now it looks like the actions make it appear like the card will move immediately and the due date will be set in 14 days, but I want the card to move once it hits the due date (unless it's been updated already).

I am new to Trello so hopefully I am explaining properly, thanks 😊 

2 answers

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2022

Hi @Alicia Hannah Naomi ! Welcome to the community :) if the goal is to be alerted of stagnant cards, potentially using the card aging power-up would achieve what you want? It won't move cards for you, but it will make them increasingly transparent or "old-looking" the longer they stay untouched. 

card aging.PNG

Alternatively, you could use Dashcards to give you a quick report of stagnant cards:

dashcard stale cards.PNG

You can then click into the dashcard once it's created and see a quick list of all stagnant cards. 

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2022

@Alicia Hannah Naomi 

You probably have to work with a calendar command and move the card to another list after x days/working days in list.

Alicia January 17, 2022

Thanks for this! To clarify - using this premise, my current rule says:

every day, archive all the cards more than 30 days in list "No Response"

Where 'more than 30 days' means means 'more than 30 days since the card was created' right?

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2022

@Alicia Hannah Naomi 

I am referring to this 

every day, move all the cards more than 30 days in list "Doing" to list "Doing" on board "Dojo 1"

Currently, there is none that works for inactivity.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events