Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calendar sync stops working when cards are achieved

Svend Overgaard August 4, 2018

When I archive a list or card with a due date added to it, my externally synced iCal Calendar removes the entries. I would like to keep these entries when archiving as they function as my Activity History.

Is this possible?

I tried to overcome this problem with creating a new board for archiving and use the Move function instead. But the due time entries in my external calendar is still removed. I tried to add a new calendar to my own "archive" board and sync my iCal with this account, but this is not doing the trick either.

Any ideas for a fix?

Best Regards

Svend

1 answer

0 votes
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2019

Given that this question is over a year old, I hope it's been sorted, but I thought that I would reply just in case!

I set up a Butler command to move all 'done' cards to a list, rather than archiving them. The way I set it up doesn't matter if there's a due date or not (so often I don't use due dates) so this wors regardless of whether there's a due date or not.

So now, rather than just marking the due date as complete, I click the Card done button and it does all these things automatically. The 'Archive 2019' list is on my primary board, but I have another board called 'Archive' that I move that list onto once a month and all my cards are still showing in my Google Calendar.

My Butler rule has a lot of additional things that happen, but hopefully you get the idea!

Screenshot 2019-10-01 at 10.19.28.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events