Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Calendar Rules & Custom Fields

Hi there, 

I have set up a rule to send an email to a specific custom field (filled with different email addresses for every card) every Monday at a certain time. This rule and the custom field variable {{%fieldName}} works for due date rules, but it is not working for calendar rules. Error: "no email address to send to"

Is there a workaround for this? 

TIA 

Aline. 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

@Aline Majado 

The reason is that a calendar command has no card associated with it. Try a find or collect card and iterate to see if it works. 

Thanks @milynnus you are right. But the calendar rules don't actually allow you to select cards? Or I couldn't find this function for calendar rules on butler. If you know a way around this, let me know. TIA. 

@Aline Majado 

You are right in your observation.

I had a workaround where I converted a report variable into a checklist and iterate through them to send that email via a second command.

Alternatively, use http request to handle this for you.

Thanks @milynnus ! I will try that. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,352 views 28 40
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you