Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cad office

Aurel Elezi August 10, 2021

Hi all,

I have a small Cad team to manage. So far I’m using a shared Excel file (please have a look to the screenshot below) where the Project Managers fill (area 1 in the screenshot) the Projects with 1.works order number 2.part number 3.customer name 4.description 5.expected hours and break it in different tasks (area 2) and assign them to the design managers.
The Design Managers have to fill every day with the hours they have worked on the tasks (area 3)
The excel file give us a sum of the hours every Design Engineer has worked every week (area 4), the estimated workload (area 5), and a report (area 6) of which tasks every one has worked in a period of time.

My question: Can a free Trello account give me all this? I hope even mere and in a more efficient way.
I am considering a project management software, but before starting to learn and trial it, I would prefer to know if it can give me at least what we already have with the Excel file.

image.pngimage.png

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2021

@Aurel Elezi 

I think the collaborative work around the setup up a task card with all the subtasks would be something Trello can do. It can be assigned to a Designer's personal board. The recording of daily effort can be done on the subtask cards via a custom field. At EOD You have background task to collate all the inputs into a spreadsheet.

This no different from a project in which drivers are assigned various tasks each day. They move the cards in and out of a list to clock time and at the end of the date,  a program is triggered to compute and collect time spent into a spreadsheet with other parameters to allow you to merge with previous days records.

Aurel Elezi August 11, 2021

@milynnus 

Thanks for your time.

Is this entirely doable with the free version?

Do you know a good guide  (or better a template if it exists) how to start setting up what I would need without getting lost among all the other tools that I would not need for the moment?

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2021

@Aurel Elezi 

The free plan comes with 50 commands and 1 power up. Typically that is not enough for any serious work to be done on Trello especially for the kind of work you want to do. You will have to complete with some backend processing for gather and merge the data.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events