Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butlers

Andrew_Singh February 27, 2020

I am setting up my Trello board so that I can email requests to the board, and then using the Butlers, the card has a checklist created based on the contents of the email. the part I am stuck on is that, while I can make it create the checklist from the email, I can't make it recognise a number as a variable. For instance if I send an email which says 5 desks, then I want it to add a section - 5 desks - to the checklist, however if I put 15 desks then I want it to add 15 desks. I don't fancy creating loads of butlers so I was wondering if there is a way to do this more efficiently?

1 answer

0 votes
Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2020

Hi

You can create a rule like this

When a card containing "{*} ${*} is emailed, rename the card to {wildcard1}, and add the "{wildcard2}" checklist to the card

Just use an appropriate pattern for card sended by email :

cardname $5 desks

https://help.trello.com/article/1156-pattern-matching-and-wildcards

Andrew_Singh February 27, 2020

I'm not sure if that will work. I probably did not explained the problem well enough. the email will say a number and a desk but it will could also say a number and Air quality. I have included below part of what would be in the email. from this I want the checklist to then display the number next to the wording.

Screenshot 2020-02-27 at 15.56.01.png

Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2020

By using wildcard, you will collect and display number and wording. Replace cardname $5 desks By cardname $10 Air quality

But with this rule, you can't get a list of items with just one emailed card. 

In this case, you need to create a little more complex workflow like collect all emailed cards and regroup them in a checklist.

Andrew_Singh February 28, 2020

ok, I'm not sure I'm going to be able o use the butlers for my use case then. as I want the sales team to be able to email the Trello board with the orders and then it creates a checklist from a single email. 

Andrew_Singh February 28, 2020

thank you for your help

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events