Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I am setting up my Trello board so that I can email requests to the board, and then using the Butlers, the card has a checklist created based on the contents of the email. the part I am stuck on is that, while I can make it create the checklist from the email, I can't make it recognise a number as a variable. For instance if I send an email which says 5 desks, then I want it to add a section - 5 desks - to the checklist, however if I put 15 desks then I want it to add 15 desks. I don't fancy creating loads of butlers so I was wondering if there is a way to do this more efficiently?

1 answer

Hi

You can create a rule like this

When a card containing "{*} ${*} is emailed, rename the card to {wildcard1}, and add the "{wildcard2}" checklist to the card

Just use an appropriate pattern for card sended by email :

cardname $5 desks

https://help.trello.com/article/1156-pattern-matching-and-wildcards

I'm not sure if that will work. I probably did not explained the problem well enough. the email will say a number and a desk but it will could also say a number and Air quality. I have included below part of what would be in the email. from this I want the checklist to then display the number next to the wording.

Screenshot 2020-02-27 at 15.56.01.png

By using wildcard, you will collect and display number and wording. Replace cardname $5 desks By cardname $10 Air quality

But with this rule, you can't get a list of items with just one emailed card. 

In this case, you need to create a little more complex workflow like collect all emailed cards and regroup them in a checklist.

ok, I'm not sure I'm going to be able o use the butlers for my use case then. as I want the sales team to be able to email the Trello board with the orders and then it creates a checklist from a single email. 

thank you for your help

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,661 views 16 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you