Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler won't copy my checklist...it says it doesn't exist/ can't find it...

Kate September 16, 2019

So I'm using the Butler power up. 

I set up a button where if you press it moves a card & adds two checklists.

The first checklist shows up just fine, but the second one, it  says it can't not find a checklist by that name (even though I cut and pasted the both names of the checklist to butler to avoid error.  

It still says it can't find a checklist called " blog post checklist - guest post" . I've tried adding "" even and that doesn't work. I even tried getting rid of the - in case that was throwing things off. 

I try resetting the button to only apply one checklist (the one it can't find) thinking maybe two checklist was too much for it but still it won't work. 

2 answers

0 votes
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2019

Hi @Kate 

Please copy the command text in here, or even better, insert a screenshot.

Than we can most likely help you with that issue.

Kate September 18, 2019

@Katrin Anger  I made a little video for the Trello staff on Friday, here's what's going on https://www.loom.com/share/c593d4e5da684f90859c0792b7c44c2d

Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2019

@Kate 

Hi Kate, thanks for video. It definitely helped to understand what you are struggling with.

I set up the same card button and did a test run with a card that had one checklist only: it worked fine.

I then tested this with a card that had 2 checklists: it worked just as fine.

I had a slow motion look at your video and looked really carefully at the card names. But I couldn't spot any mistakes made from your side. However, and that's nothing but an assumption here, but I have the feeling your card's name is something that Butler might find confusing. Maybe the brackets are a problem.

If you have a dummy card anyway, can you try and reference back to this dummy card for the checklist - and see if that works?

As I said, it works for me. So generally it is working.

The only other reason I could imagine causing this, is you have run out of operations for this month. Are you a free Butler user or do you have some paid plan?

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2019

@Kate it's a good idea to send a screenshot of the rule, preferably in the rule creator interface as the devil is often in the detail ... 

Kate September 18, 2019

Thanks @Iain Dooley  I made the trello staff this little video: https://www.loom.com/share/c593d4e5da684f90859c0792b7c44c2d

Still haven't heard back yet. :-(

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2019

@Kate hey sorry for the delay, just watched the vid, that error message is pretty definitive: can't find checklist on card, link provided, click the link, checklist is there, copy/paste error unlikely. Hmmm .. did you hear back from support yet?

If this still isn't working here's a Trellinator command that will copy all checklists from a card with the same name as a list into which a card is moved:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/15d292334a935bcff3a3ae43d61337a3

This will allow you to have a relatively flexible system for a board (or all boards if you set it up globally). But it won't give you a button. You'll need to move the card, and then the checklists for that list will be added.

You can read more about Trellinator here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events