Butler variable for "Email for this card"

Redcat Implementations Team August 12, 2021

Hello Trello Community, 

I got a butler rule to trigger an email to be sent when a specific checklist item is checked.

when checklist "email the client" is completed in a card by anyone,
send an email notification to "{{%CLIENT E-MAIL}}"
with subject "XYZ for {{%ACCOUNT NAME}} ABC"
and message "Hey {{%CLIENT NAME}},
Body---
Signature.

I want to add the "Email for this card" as another recipient, so when the client reply back, the reply will be added to the card as a comment.

Is this possible?

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2021

@Redcat Implementations Team 

The “email to this card” or card email attribute is not available as a Trello variable. It can be got by other means for automation. I have not tried to have more than one email addressee when using the email action. 

I believe Sendboard and BenkoBoard have threaded email as comments. 
I have some success with Contalist and bcc mail to board + board automation on “Your card reference : {cardid}” on the email. 

Update:

The new report automation allows for more than one email address but there are send as separate emails and not as cc or bcc. Which means that your customer cannot reply and have that email returned to the card. They will have to add the "email to card" email.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events