Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler treating current date as though it is next week - how to reset?

DKTechGirl January 10, 2021

I have a rolling calendar set-up with 2 boards - one for "This Week" and one for "This Month".
The rolling commands for This Week work just fine - each day it automatically moves any unfinished cards from yesterday to today, archives yesterday's list, creates a new list dated 7 days from now, and moves that to the end of the lists.

I would like to do something similar with a month-long view instead of a week. There is a list for each week of the month (eg "January 03, 2021 - January 09, 2021", "January 10, 2021 - January 16, 2021" etc). Each Sunday it takes all the items listed in the current week, transfers them to the "This Week" board, archives the current week's list, makes a new one dated 4 weeks from now and appends that at the end of the lists.

I was setting it up last week (ie the week of January 3 - 9, 2021) and I _thought_ I had it all nicely coded like so (separated with paragraphs for clarity):

every sunday at 7:05 am,
move all the cards in list "{date=0wd~MMMM DD, YYYY} - {date=6wd~MMMM DD, YYYY}" to list "Catch All" on board "1 - This Week Plan",
archive list "{date=0wd~MMMM DD, YYYY} - {date=6wd~MMMM DD, YYYY}" on board "2 - This Month",
create a new list named "{date+4w=0wd~MMMM DD, YYYY} - {date+4w=6wd~MMMM DD, YYYY}",
and move list "{date+4w=0wd~MMMM DD, YYYY} - {date+4w=6wd~MMMM DD, YYYY}" to the bottom position

NOTE: I had to add ~MMMM DD, YYYYY because otherwise, bizarrely, when it was creating a new list it was adding a time-stamp with the hour and minute the command was running.
So if I ran a test of the command on January 9th at 4:35pm it created a new list titled "January 31, 2021 4:35 - February 6, 2021 4:35". If I ran the test again at 4:45 it created a "January 31 - Feb 6" list with the timestamp 4:45 and so on.
It doesn't do this on my "This Week" board.

When I went to check my "This Week" board this morning I was surprised nothing had been transferred over. I went to "This Month" and the current list still said "January 10, 2021 - January 16, 2021" when it should have rolled over to "January 17, 2021 - January 23, 2021" at 7:05 this morning.

When I manually ran the command it threw an error, stating "It seems that the source list "January 03, 2021 - January 09, 2021" doesn't exist. Perhaps it is archived?"

My computer date is set to January 10, 2021, and it is now 3:32 pm. Should Butler not be reading {date=0wd~MMMM DD, YYYY}  as _today_ - Sunday Jan 10, 2021?

I even deleted the command and re-did it, wondering if for some reason the date of creation is an issue. Nope - it's still looking for January 3rd as date=0wd.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Cody C.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2021

Glad to help investigate a bit, would you mind getting in touch with us through our contact form here? With that, we'll have access to tools that will help us take a closer look with you: https://trello.com/contact

DKTechGirl February 23, 2021

Thanks - I was actually about to contact support, but, after a month of not working, I just tested it again and now the command IS working (???).

I didn't change anything. If it stops working again I will definitely reach out. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events