Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler statement for recurring task on first saturday every 4 months?

Matthew McClintock January 11, 2019

How would I setup a Butler statement for running at ask on the first day (e.g. Saturday) every X months?

I know how to do both separately but not sure if it's possible to do both together.

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2019

@Matthew McClintock have you tried:

on the first saturday of every 2nd month

If that doesn't work, you could try just firing when the card is due, then advancing the due date to the first saturday in X months' time as part of the command.

Matthew McClintock January 13, 2019

Doesn't work as-is- I tried lots of possible ones before posting here. I'm thinking it just doesn't work.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2019

@Matthew McClintock okay so you've tried using a due date trigger and then adjusting the due date each with the command as it runs?

Matthew McClintock January 14, 2019

Didn't want it to be there always, so no I did not try that.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2019

@Matthew McClintock I'm not sure what you mean, can you elaborate on what you mean by "be there always"? There may be an alternative to achieve the same outcome

Matthew McClintock January 14, 2019

What is the logic to get butler to advance due dates? I'm very entry-level with Bulter...

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2019

@Matthew McClintock well you could have a command that does this for example:

the moment a card is due [DO SOME OTHER STUFF] and set due in 2 months

however for your purposes you'd want to set it due, for example, on the first saturday 2 months from now, I'm not sure if this works or not:

the moment a card is due [DO SOME OTHER STUFF] and set due on the first Saturday of {month+2}

You could try asking for advice from support@butler.com or in their slack community. The same code written in Trellinator would be:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/89498f5aa11bd746d0f5b0a000f28e97

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events