Butler rule

Kate Ellis September 22, 2021

Hello. I'm trying to set a butler rule for a list on a board. I want to be able to set a rule that will send any card in my 'COMPLETED' list to another board to be archived. I only want this to happen when the card has sat in the 'COMPLETED' list for 30 days.

Currently I have this rule set but it isn't working:

when the due date is marked as complete in a card in list "Complete" inactive for more than 30 days, move the card to the top of list "TO ARCHIVE" on board "2021 Archive"

Screenshot 2021-09-22 at 08.41.00.png

Also we are using the free version and I want this automation to happen without notifying everyone on the board each time. There are hundreds of cards and over 150 members on the board. Is this possible?

Thank you :)

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2021

Maybe try a calendar command instead?

Screenshot 2021-09-23 120317.png

As for the notifications, here's a guide on what sort of things people will be notified of. It looks like moving a card from one board to another would trigger a notification. This will only trigger a notification if someone is a member of a card, is watching the card, or the whole board. You can test it out to see - get someone to create two cards - one where you're a member, and one where you are not. Get them to manually move the cards to another board and see what you get in your notifications.

Kate Ellis September 23, 2021

Thank you Hannah I'll give that a try and see what happens at the end of the month. Great idea :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events