Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler rule with custom field date

Gestiona October 29, 2019

Hi, I have a problem by creating a board buttom that makes a target of one specific list move to another list when the custom field date has dued one day from the day we are currently. 

Anyone knows how to configure the rule to make it work?

I though that I was doing it right, becausa I think the rule says what I need, then I don't understand where the mistake can be.

Here is a screenshot of the rule I made.Trello.jpg

Thank you for reading.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jireh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2019

Hi Naomi,

You want to move the card if its custom field is set to less than a day from today, correct? If so, you want to change the filter "more than 1 days from now" to "less than 1 days from now".

Gestiona October 30, 2019

Oh god, of course.. what a fail!

Thx for the help :)

Sorry but I tried that and still not working.

Any idea about what is happening?

Here is a screenshot of the modification:

Trello.jpg

Jireh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2019

Hi Naomi,

Can you try changing the "less than 1 days" to "less than 2 days" instead?

Jireh
Atlassian Team
October 30, 2019

To elaborate: Butler counts in "natural days", meaning that "less than 1 days from now" essentially means "today" (0 days from today). If you want to grab cards that are due tomorrow (which is 1 day from today), then set the filter to "less than 2 days from now".

Still not working, it should work?

I tried with the custom field date in many dates of october: 29, 28, 27, 26, 22.. and no one of them work

Jireh
Atlassian Team
October 30, 2019

All of those dates are before today (Today is the 30th). Are you trying to create a board button for dates before today or after today? If you wanted to affect cards with dates before today, you need to change the option "from now" to "ago", e.g. "less than 2 days ago".

Sorry for not explain it too well, I was trying to move cards with dates before today.

I tried what you said and now works perfectly. 

Also I tryed to change the option ''less than'' to ''between 1 and 30 days'' and now moves the day before today without inconvenients (the cards with the date of today remains out of the action as must be).

Thx for the implication :)

Jireh
Atlassian Team
October 30, 2019

No problem Naomi! Glad to hear Butler is working out for you. Please do come back if you have any other questions about Trello.

Like Gestiona likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events