Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler rule not working

Kenda August 8, 2020

Hi,

I have a butler rule set up to copy cards when posted to 'new video' board but it only works some of the time even though I asked it to copy to all of my boards.

Kenda

Capture.PNG

1 answer

1 vote
Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2020

(quick note: you mean Lists not Boards in this case. Lists are columns, Boards are a completely different page etc)

Is it failing to trigger at all? or is it failing halfway through? You can click on the lightbulb icon on top of the rule to see when it triggers and if any errors showed up to help you figure that out. Are the times it is failing due to someone else adding the card?

If someone else is adding, the solution is just to remove the "by me" bit at the start.

If its failing halfway through, and I'm wildly guessing here.. but Copy shifts the focus of Butler to the copied card, so perhaps its sometimes trying to copy a card before the source card has finished appearing???

In which case, I may have a different workaround. First make a card with a Checklist "ListOfLists" with the name of all the lists you want the card copied to. Then make note of the url of this card by clicking Share.

Then make a rule: When a card is added to list "New video" by me, Find a card with the url "trello.com/c/that-url-you-noted-down", For each checklist item in checklist "ListOfLists", Find a card with the url "{triggercardlink}", Copy the card to the top of list "{checklistitemname}"

This way, its copying the base card directly every time. It does however double the operations per run, which may or may not matter for your quota.

Or maybe its something else entirely, the command logs (lightbulb) may mention it in that case..

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events