Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler rule - moving a card that has a due date seven days from now

Ken Lambert April 8, 2021

Looking for assistance in why a rule doesn't seem to work.  I hope I'm missing something small here.

I created a list called "Tasks".  The intent is to move cards from the list to another list "upcoming tasks" when a due date is seven days out.  Eventually, I want to pull that list to another called "Due Today" but one step at a time.

The rule:  

when a card in list "Tasks" with a due date due in less than 7 days is added to the board, move the card to the top of list "Upcoming Tasks"

Cards in the Tasks list have various due dates assigned to them but I do have a few that are less than seven days.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2021

@Ken Lambert 

This would not trigger since they are existing cards. The operative word is “when”  .

Ken Lambert April 8, 2021

so if I wrote it a different way, using the Due Date Commands:

7 days before a card in list "Tasks" is due, move the card to the top of list "Upcoming Tasks"

Would this work?  Testing with a task set 8 days from now.  I guess I will find out tomorrow.

Ken Lambert April 9, 2021

@milynnus So it looks like my new rule worked.  Going back to the original "when" rule.  If I had the rule down first then created the card would it have worked?

thank you again for your response!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events