Butler rule - creator change

T.J. Taylor March 5, 2020

Hello,

I will try and be as brief as possible with my situation.  Hopefully you can point me in the right direction if this has already been covered or assist me if it's something new.

Started job, brought in Trello, found Butler (before Trello bought it).  Was in charge of incorporating Trello in the day-to-day along with anything Butler related.  I no longer work there, but occasionally provide support.  I want to stay attached to one board and only one board to limit notifications.  When I leave the other boards the Butler rules I've created stopped working, since my ID no longer sees that board.  I need to transfer all this Butler work to someone else still there, make someone else Admin.  I fear you are going to tell me that all the work has to be recreated by someone else still there so that they become the owner.  Is it possible to transfer my work to someone else?  If so, what is the quickest and hopefully most painless way to do this?

Thanks for everything, big fan,

-TJ

1 answer

0 votes
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2020

Hey TJ,

Ultimately the steps we need to take here will depend on what subscription your former team has. If they are subscribed to Business Class, then they can get you temporarily added to the team, where you'll be able to add your commands to a library.

https://help.trello.com/article/1139-command-libraries

Once you have the library created, you can set it as Shared, which allows your other team members to import their own copy of those commands.

Please note that there isn't a direct way to transfer or pass commands to another user, as those are directly tied to your account's API token.

If Business Class isn't a viable option, then I'm afraid the commands would need to be created by another member in that team manually.

I hope all that helps explain how you can get everything moved over for your team!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events