Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler report in board button

tereza_lachmaniucu March 17, 2020

Hello,

I am trying to create a report which has all the cards in the various list with a certain label, i don't seem to be able to add the action of emailing this report, as that functionality is only available for paid subscription. The button i create seems to have generated the list, i do not know however how can i retrieve this list, can you please help me?

Thank you,

Tereza

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2020

@tereza_lachmaniucu if you're following the instructions to create a report here:

https://help.trello.com/article/1192-creating-reports-with-butler

then you'll see that it has this line:

create a report in variable "Doing"

then later when sending an email, it uses that variable like this:

{$Doing}

So have you tried, instead of sending an email, doing something like:

create a card in list "Latest Report" and set the description to "{$Doing}"

tereza_lachmaniucu March 18, 2020

Capture2.JPGCapture1.JPG Thank you for your reply, I attached screenshots of what i'm trying to do and the error message i receive, any other insight into how to achieve this would be appreciated.

Regards,

Tereza 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2020

@tereza_lachmaniucu yes unless you have a paid plan you can't send the email notification but you can still put the report variable somewhere, for example you can create a new card with the description containing your report:

2020-03-19 at 10.12 am.png

tereza_lachmaniucu March 19, 2020

Thank you!!!

I was able to get a card with all what i needed, it won't help me that much because i need more detail. I will have to go pay for the plan.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events