Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler logic

Katie MacQueen June 10, 2020

Hi everyone! I'm having a really hard time with my butler. Here's what I want to do:

Have a card named "trains" that has a checklist called "breakouts." The checklist has items called Facebook 1, Facebook 2, etc.

When the checklist is complete, each checklist item become a card named "trains checklist item." So "trains Facebook 1" and "trains facebook 2" etc.

I can get it to make the card, and name it "Facebook 1", but when I try to add the card name, it adds it to the checklist, not the card. I end up with trainsfacebook1 in the source card checklist and Facebook 1 in the new card.

Please help, I'm burning through my command runs!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2020

@Katie MacQueen I don't think there's a way to set the name of the created card when creating linked cards from a checklist in Butler, however you could create this second command that would prefix the name of a card to any card that was attached to it as a link, which I assume would be triggered when you create the linked cards:

when an attachment starting with "https://trello.com/c/" is added to a card, lookup the first card linked in the attachments, and rename the card to "{foundcardname} {cardname}"
Katie MacQueen June 11, 2020

Thank you! I just hit upon that myself! I got it to work now by creating a separate renaming operation. 

Like Iain Dooley likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events