Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler has stopped?

Byron Arnold April 17, 2019

3 weeks ago I moved from butler bot (I miss him) to the new butler power up.

As of Monday this week, the butler powerup seems to have gone on strike. The rules are there, I haven't changed anything, it's just no longer doing his job?! 

I only use butler on my personal todo list - moving cards depending on dates etc.  But I have created a new simple rule - and he won't even do that now... He's just gone.  Anyone else having trouble?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2019

@Byron Arnold can you see any information in the command log? Perhaps you have exhausted the number of commands you have available.

Byron Arnold April 18, 2019

Hey, thanks for the reply, i've just come across those limits. :-(  Yes i've used over 200 commands.

And if i'm understanding correctly, that means trello is dead for me until the 1st of May?... :-(  I think this may be the end of Trello for our team.  Frustrating.

A few years back I used Any.do, and it looks like thats come a long way so maybe we'll try go back. It didn't work so well across a team, and wasn't quite as flexible as trello with the butler bot was.

For what it's worth,

I use butler on my personal board to manage due dates. My lists are

Today
Tomorrow
This Week
Next Week
This month
Someday.

The butler rules are to add due dates when a  card is added to a list, and then move the card around based on that due date. I add about 20-30 cards per week.

Byron Arnold April 18, 2019

To clarify if anyone from Trello reads this,

The new butler limit means that I need to get an enterprise level account, just to use butler for managing my personal todo list like it has been doing for the last 2 and a bit years..

Pretty disapointing and frustrating.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2019

@Byron Arnold yep the usage limits are pretty constraining. I created Benko Board which gives you a board that has more or less the same functionality you're describing, in addition to giving you a better notifications and cards view experience and fully integrating with Gmail:

https://trello.com/integrations/#benkoboard

The version shown in the current video on the website has "today, tomorrow, this week" etc. but a later version of Benko Board uses lists called "X days" where you define "X", and doesn't set due dates but moves them back to your inbox X days after you move them in, where as the version shown in the intro video will move, for example, everything in "Tomorrow" to "If I have time today" each day at 4am, and will move "This week" to "If I have time today" at midnight on Sunday and so on.

Benko Board is written in Trellinator which is an open source library I created for automating Trello with Google Apps Script:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-articles/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

Benko Board doesn't need to set Due dates on cards because Trellinator has its own execution queue, and actually uses a separate, date descending ordered "Coming up" list to house any cards with due dates on them.

Like Byron Arnold likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events