Butler for organizing all boards cards in a THIS WEEK and NEXT WEEK boards according to due dates

kiriakos.theme March 16, 2021

Hello everyone, i hope you do great.

I have started using Trello for a few months now to organize my business using Butler power up as my main tool. To achieve that i would like to have all the different cards from all the different boards i have in my business class Trello account organized in two main boards according to the due dates of each card. So every sunday (the start of each week) i would like to have all the cards from all the boards that due in the next 6 days (Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thrusday, Friday and Saturday) copied in the board THIS WEEK that i have created. Also i would like to have every Sunday all the cards from all the boards with a due date between 7-14 days to be copied in my board NEXT WEEK. For the time i use these two commands in Butler but it seems it is not working as expected, and i can't find out how to organize them properly.

COMMAND FOR "THIS WEEK" BOARD

on the sunday of the week a card is due, copy the card to the top of list "tasks for this week" on board "THIS WEEK" and link the cards together

COMMAND FOR "NEXTWEEK" BOARD

on the sunday of the week before a card is due, copy the card to the top of list "TASKS FOR NEXT WEEK" on board "Επόμενη Εβδομάδα" and link the cards together

Can you please help me find out what's wrong on these commands. It's super important for me to have organized my cards according to due dates in a weekly board to organize my tasks properly. 

1 answer

0 votes
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2021

Hi @kiriakos.theme 

Hm, it sounds like the due dates might not have been outside of the command's conditions before you created them. Note that Butler's due date commands are not retroactive, so if a card is already due within the week, it would not trigger this command.

To test things out, my suggestion would be to create some cards that are outside of this window of time for each. For instance, one card could be due in greater than 14 days and another is due in around 8 days.

On Sunday, those 2 cards should get appropriately copied, but if they don't, let me know!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events