• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Butler for Trello Question

Hi,

I downloaded Butler for Trello after seeing some very promising videos.  However, I stumbled in my first attempt to create a simple rule.  I am not sure if I'm doing a mistake (giving my limited experience) or something else.

Background:

I have several boards, all of them have lists called "Today."    The tasks on the Today lists are the ones I plan to do today.  Then I have another board called "Doing Today."

The rule I wanted to create is to copy any task in list Today (from all of the boards) into the "Doing Today" Board (which have only one list).  This way, I'll be able to see all my Today tasks (from different boards) in one list.

On Butler, I picked "Create a Rule."  The Trigger conditions seem to relate to only a board, not a list.  For example, if a "task" is added, "by me" to this board.  It doesn't allow me to pick a "List" inside the "Board."

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Alex

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Katrin Anger Community Leader May 04, 2019

generic2010@gmail.com 

Hi Alex, that's correct, you cannot trigger lists with Butler and hence copy full lists. You need to set up the rule such, that card after card is being moved/copied over.

You could either use the trigger

• when a card is added to board ..., or
  • when a card is added to list ...

Thank you very much, Katrin for your help.  I will try this approach.  

Thank you again,

Alex

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley Community Leader May 04, 2019

generic2010@gmail.com it seems like what you want are rules on every board that say something like:

When a card is moved to the "Today" list copy the card to list "Doing" on board "Doing Today" and link the cards together

Thank you very much, Iain,

I will follow these directions.  Thank you very much,

Alex

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

210 views 7 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you