Butler didn't create automatically cards

josef novak March 29, 2022

This is starting to annoy me, butler sometimes doesn't work. It was after scheduled time and no cards appeared! Even if I test command nothing happens... Name of list is correct. It usually works, but randomly stopped working... Any ideas ty!

EDIT: log says only skipped 1 card, which was already there, there were 2 cards tho, for 2nd there was nothing in log and it failed to add 3 unique cards which weren't on the list... I tried also to copy list and run command and still doesn't work ffs......... 

butler not working.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2022

Hi @josef novak ! Your command says "Create a unique card" - so if the card already exists in that list, butler won't create it again (if they're named the same). 

If your rule says: "Create a unique card titled "A", and create another unique card titled B", and create another unique card titled "C". If both "A", "B" and "C" are already in that list, your command will run, but no operations would occur. 

Additionally, in the same example above, if the "B" and "C" cards are in the list, but the "A" card isn't, the command will run and create a card called "A". 

Lastly, if you have cards "A", and "C" in the list, the command will run, register that card "A" is already in the list, and the command will stop. This is probably what's happening for you and will cause issues.

If that's the case, you should be able to get around it by creating separate commands for each card, which you can easily do by duplicating the command.

josef novak March 29, 2022

Thank you, great!!!

0 votes
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 29, 2022

Does the command log say anything? Was the command triggered?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events