Butler could not run your rule (Sort list)

olinesn August 4, 2022

Hello,

I'm receiving this error:

Butler could not run your rule: 

when a card is moved into list "X" by anyone, sort the list "X" on board "Y" by time in list ascending

There are 200-300 cards in this list, so it shouldn't be an overwhelming computation.

May I please ask for input?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2022

Hi @olinesn ! What does it say in the command log? Generally, it'll give a more detailed description as to why it failed. 

olinesn August 11, 2022

Thanks for your attention, please see attached. I have the rule set to run every morning now, rather than when a card is added to the list.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2022

Looks like you're running into a rate limiting error. Trello has a limit of 300 requests per 10 seconds.

olinesn August 26, 2022

Thank you for your response. What's the plan going forward on this? Is there a way to sort lists with more than 300 cards, or does Trello not support lists larger than 300 cards? This is a pretty severe limitation for a service that I pay for to organize work across 10 people.

Community Leader
Community Leader
August 30, 2022

@olinesn I'm not the right person to ask for this, sorry - I'm just a community member. You can talk directly to Trello here: https://trello.com/contact#/

olinesn August 31, 2022

Ah, my mistake! Well thanks for speaking up

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events