Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler contradiction

Ms Tan July 7, 2021

Hi,

I'm trying to explore this automation to sort my cards based on the due dates into my list. 
I have a 'Today' list and a 'This Week' list. 

Here are the commands I set up

trello contradiction.PNG

I was imagining if I create a card that is due in next week in my inbox, it will stay there. Then when the week comes, the card will be moved to my 'this week'. Then one day before, the card will be moved to my 'today' list.

However, problem comes when I create a card that is due tomorrow in my 'today' list. The card will be moved to 'This week' based on my second butler command. And lately even those cards that are due next week, will be moved to 'this week' and then stay there even past their due date, not having reached 'today' at all. 

How can I go about resolving this? Could it be a command issue? Or a set up issue? Any advice will be much appreciated ! Thanks! 

1 answer

1 vote
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

@Ms Tan I think what you might need are 3 rules:

When a due date in this week is set on a card by me move the card to the top of list "This week"

When a card with a due date less than 1 days from now is moved into the "This week" list move it to the top of list "Today"

1 day before a card in list "This week" is due move it to the top of list "Today"

That last command needs to be created in the "Due Date" section rather than the "Rules" section.

Ms Tan July 7, 2021

Thank you for your help! I have set them up as suggested. Let's see if they work :) 

trello update 2.PNGtrello update.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events