Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler command will not work

Vilma_Ortiz March 17, 2020

Hi, can someone tell me why this command in Butler is not working?

image.jpg

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2020

Hi @Vilma_Ortiz 

The new version of Butler (not the bot) doesn't recognise list numbers, it only recognises list names. So, unless your list names are #1 and #2, this command won't run. 

If you change to the list names this command should run.

Please come back to us if it doesn't!

Esme :)

Vilma_Ortiz March 18, 2020

Thanks Esme. You are right as that is exactly what is happening.

Where was that stated in the documentation? 

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2020

You are most welcome Vilma!

I don't think it's stated anywhere in the literature, it's not something that the Butler PowerUp has ever offered, it was only something that ButlerBot did. I only know about it because it was asked before in the Community!

I'm glad it's sorted :)

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 17, 2020

@Vilma_Ortiz have you looked at the command log to see if it's executing and if there are any errors?

https://help.trello.com/article/1150-opening-the-butler-usage-log

Vilma_Ortiz March 18, 2020

Hi Iain, thanks for answering

Yes. It just says that the command finished running, but no errors. If I do the command with the specific list names, it works. It does not work with the list position numbers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events