Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler command copying from one board to another results in two versions of each card

Penelope Baker July 14, 2020

I have two boards and a butler command that is supposed to copy the cards from one to a corresponding list of the other each week. However, I'm ending up with each card copied over twice and I can't understand why this would be happening.

I also have another command triggered for half an hour later that renames the lists in the second board, but this is literally just to rename, so I don't think it will be a factor.

I have checked that I haven't actually got the cards duplicated and that I haven't doubled up the commands. I have "enabled" on this board ticked for both relevant boards.

Any insights??

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Penelope Baker July 20, 2020

The issue was that "enabled on this board" was ticked for both boards. Once it was only ticked for the first board it worked fine.

0 votes
Racheli Vardi December 9, 2020

Hi, I am experiencing the same issue - but the solution mentioned above did not solve the problem - whenever I click the button which beings with copying the card to a different board - the process runs its course (this process includes a few other commands) but then also copies the card one extra time (without completing the other tasks in the process). 

I have of course double checked that the copy card command does *not* appear twice. Would appreciate any tips on how to resolve this!

0 votes
Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2020

Would you be comfortable screen-capping the Rules/Scheduled Commands? (blur things out if necessary (but color code it maybe))

Also, you can check your Activity Log (bottom of the Butler page) as well as the lightbulb over each command, to see when/what it triggers, board-wide and for each command respectively. That might(?) offer some clues?

Other than another rule unexpectedly messing with this functionality, nothing comes to mind though.

Penelope Baker July 16, 2020

Looking at the lightbulb section I wonder if it's because it's enabled on both boards. I've unticked that, and a test run suggests it will work properly, but will wait until Sunday to be sure!

Thanks for your reply!

Like Vongsawat likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events