Butler checklist item that is also a link - can't find the card link after removing

Daniel Woodman July 19, 2020

I have a card with a checklist in the format:

username - cardlink

I have a command that, when a member is removed from the card, it finds the card with the checklist and removes the item from the checklist. I then want to archive the card at the link I just removed.

trello checklist.png

The command finds the checklist item and removes it just fine. But it can't find the card linked in the checklist item I just removed. I get back: 

Card id "" doesn't seem valid.

I also tried using {checklistitemlink} and even tried {removedchecklistitemlink} just to see if such a thing existed. But I always get the same error: Card id "" doesn't seem valid.

I'm genuinely lost as to why I can't get this to work. Any help would be appreciated!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2020

{wildcard1} etc only work for wildcards used in the trigger. You can use {*} in the rest of the command, but won't be able to reference it.

Got stuck on a similar issue and I think I randomly searched the forum and found an official response about this in the comments.

0 votes
Daniel Woodman July 19, 2020

I managed to circumvent this problem by creating a second rule on the board that monitors removed checklists items in the format {*} - {*} and have that command archiving the card. But I would like to find out why my initial logic was faulty. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events